www.flickr.com

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Almost There!


According to the little countdown clock at the top of this page, the day that I get on a plane bound for Blantyre is getting closer and closer!

I am getting really excited about what God has in store for me over the next year. I know it will be packed full of laughter, sadness, challenges and lessons to be learned.

For now, I'm simply eating everything I can think of that I won't be eating in Malawi! ...NO JOKE! Wednesday is going to be a Thanksgiving meal (turkey, dressing, pumpkin pie)... I already had my fair share of seafood gumbo... I grabbed some sushi the other night... and of course when the day gets even closer, I will have to start pulling out the big guns... MEXICAN! By far, I will probably miss this blessing from on high the most!

Please be in prayer for this time of transition though. I really don't want this to be a stressful time of packing and good-byes and moving to a different culture. Pray that the Lord would be the Prince of Peace through this time.

Also be in prayer for me as I travel. I will be in the air starting Monday at 5:35 p.m., and will not arrive in Malawi until Wednesday!

Welp... the next time I post something on here will most likely come from the other side of the world! Hopefully it will be accompanied by a nice picture of my house and whatever I can see from my window.

Until then...

7 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

I'm praying!!

How exciting.

Do you know what Aaron's parents say they missed the most when they lived in Mexico?

Fast food.

Isn't that weird?

They said as soon as they got into America, they would want to go through an American drive through and eat nasty old fast food.

I think that's funny.

But then...we went to Mexico for two weeks...and I normally HATE fast food...but lo and behold...the first thing I wanted when we flew home...

Jack in the Box!

Weird!

Ryan Price said...

I think the first thing you guys ever want is Jack in the Box! YUCK!!

You're probably right though... I better I'll be craving something nasty from McDonald's.

Megan said...

Hey Ryan!!

It's so close! We are so excited for you and will definitely be praying for you.

I know we never got to know you that well, but there is always a connection between people who have a heart for the same people! We will be awaiting your updates!

Prayers,
Brock and Megan

Ryan Price said...

what are ya'lls e-mail addresses? I will put you guys on my newsletter e-mail list.

Megan said...

Hey!

You can add brockbirkenfeld@hotmail.com and megs_marie86@hotmail.com.

Hope you're enjoying all of your feasting! :)

Blessings and lots of prayer!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I'm praying for you right now!

You are probably on a plane some where high in the sky sleeping.

I just wanted to stop by and see if you made it safely.

Right now, my eyes need to visit my eyelids. I think I just made Heather puke with that comment....ha!

Peace!

Marissa said...

Been praying for you. Hope all is well. Take each moment as it comes - and enjoy the beauty of it. God has grand adventures planned for the two of you. Just hang on to Him, trusting Him with all you have. Ephesians 2:10, Isaiah 43:1-13