www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sara + (Days on Earth ÷ 365) = 23


Sunday, January 20, 2008, my amazing girlfriend becomes as old as I am (at least on paper).

Just want to give a little shout out to her... a little, what what on her birthday, ya know.

For those of you that haven't had the blessing of meeting her, let me give you a little insight into how incredible she is...

More than anyone else I know, she reads the Word and simply goes and does it. Not just the easy parts like smiling at your neighbors and stuff either... I'm talkin about the uncomfortable ones. The parts that I would rather just skim over and pretend like they mean something else.

She takes God at his word, obeys it, and sees the fruit from that.

She is one of the most encouraging people I've ever met. I've never met someone that keeps a frown on their face when they are in her presence.

She sees injustices and does what she can to fix them.

People think that I'm roughin' it over here... her job is way more toiling on a person than mine could ever be. She saw the need for good teachers to go into the schools that all the good teachers run from, and bit the bullet and decided to be the hands and feet of Christ to the teenagers that most people have just written off in the inner-city of Bryan, TX.

She loves the body of Christ (faults and all) deeply. I've never seen someone join a church the size of Living Hope, and within 3 months or so pretty much the whole church knows who she is... not because she's out promoting herself, but because she cares about what's going on in other people's lives.

She is one of the only people that I can talk about some of the hardest things about life, faith and society with, and know that she isn't gonna just tell me what I want to hear, but she is gonna shoot straight with me.

The list could go on and on... believe me!

But, I just want to say that you are INCREDIBLE!

So, those of you that are around her today or this week, be sure and wish her a happy birthday for me, and give her the big hug that I can't give her!

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

3 comments:

SaraEaker said...

WOW. You are so sweet! Thank you for the birthday wishes 12000 miles away! That is pretty special! I really liked that the title was a math problem...that was a really nice touch.

I don't know how I got to be so blessed on my birthday to have so many amazing people in my life...but that is the best birthday present a girl can ask for. Thanks for being the greatest boyfriend a girl could ask for! The last 4 1/2 years have definitely been the best...because they had you in them!

jaye carol said...

AMEN!
As a parent I feel so blessed that God sent her your way and our way. We love her too! Happy Birthday Sara...Jaye & Jim

Hendrick Family said...

I just got home from eating at Jack in the Box with this wonderful girl.

Love her!