www.flickr.com

Friday, March 7, 2008

We're Still Alive!

Just to cut down on all the hate e-mails that we are getting for not updating my blog while my parents are here... I figured I would say a little somethin. (just joking... my mom is freaking out that people are gonna be offended by that last part).

All is well... EXCEPT THE INTERNET!!

I would normally be more conscientious about updating regularly and such... but, I have been going whole days without even turning on my computer lately. This is unheard of for me! Times are really tough.

We have barely let our feet hit the ground since they have arrived. Without getting into details, we have seen:

Hippos
Crocks
Birds
Amazing views
Unbelievable freshwater fish at arms length
Gorgeous sunrises over Lake Malawi
Tasted tea straight from the tea plantation
Visited an orphanage that a friend of mine runs
Fallen in love with little Malawian kids (and the occasional Germans)
Survived a day in the Blantyre market
Clinched our seat belts while praying for God to save their demon possessed son from his driving rampages

... and that's just the first few days!

Still to come...

We will be heading down to one of the villages that I work in on Monday to see a different side of Malawi. Mom is sweatin' bullets over this... little does she know that this is only the beginning of the sweat!!

When the internet gods look down on us in favor, I will be sure to add a little more for the viewers.

To show you how bad the internet truly is... I am actually putting up a post without a photo! I think this may be the first time for that...

Much love to everyone... I promise I'm keeping them alive and kickin' (pray for a little less "kickin")

They want to thank everyone for their prayers!!

2 comments:

Carpio Family said...

Hey i'm so glad your Parents are there. Yea!! Tell your momma i said hi, she's such a sweet heart. I hope both of them have a great time while they are there.

-Kaylene

korie rowe said...

I believe you deserve a week off from your internet to spend time with your folks. Besides I am sure they have been wanting all the details of your journey in Malawi. I hope they are getting tons of pics because am a picture fanatic and would love to see!! I will keep your mom in my prayers this week for sure as she takes the walk with you to "the other side". I am sure she will be fine and blessed by the whole experience.
-Korie Rowe