www.flickr.com

Saturday, February 2, 2008

♫ It’s A Beautiful Day ... don't let it slip away


This morning, as my eyes took in their first image of the day, I noticed things looked different.

My room was a bit brighter than normal.

It just felt different.

For the last month or more, day in and day out it has been overcast... if we're lucky. Most of the time it just rains.

Today, I knew when I woke up that it wasn't like any other day.

As I walked to my front door and peered through the window, I almost lost it.

Blue sky and sunny!

It was a perfect early spring day. Not too hot. Breezy. Sunny. Perfect!

So, as is my tradition on Saturday morning, I made myself some pancakes, scarfed them down, called my friends and headed to the pool.

We spent the entire half of the day just laying by the pool, reading and refilling my dehydrated sun quota.

I have been giddy all day.

It's really weird how that works... In the middle of November, when it had been months since I had seen water falling from the sky, I had the insatiable craving to just stand out in the open as rain came pouring from the sky. I would have given anything for just one small shower. Now... as the rains have come and won't leave, that same craving has been replaced by the sun. You just long for one afternoon when you can sit outside and just enjoy the moment.

So, today, that's what I did. I just enjoyed the moments.

Tonight, I go to bed with a red chest and a huge smile across my face!

1 comment:

SaraEaker said...

I am so glad you had a sunny day! I guess God got together and gave the whole world a pretty day, because it was gorgeous here too! I hope you got some of that laundry done that was piling up from the rain...but that is probably the last thing you wanted to do today! oh well...laundry can wait, i mean boys are suppose to be dirty!

p.s. you posted so fast I didn't have time to respond to the other post...but I have to keep up my girlfriend status...so I am going to comment down there too!