www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An Evening with Capital FM & Lindt Truffles

Some things just make life a little better.

Lately I have been addicted to 2 things... DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!

1) "Malawi's Hit Music Station" - Capital FM

2) Lindt Lindor Truffles Chocolate

First off, I just have to give out some mad props to my brothers and sisters down at Capital FM. I challenge all of you to try and find another radio station that plays such a variety of music that within an hour, you will have the smooth sounds of Beyonce, Meryl Haggerd, DC Talk, Elton John and a wide variety of Malawian artists!

It just can't be done!

Not only does Capital FM have great music all day long, but they also have DJs that I feel like really care about me. Ya know... sometimes I just feel like I'm sitting down in my living room with these people and having a heart to heart... DON'T JUDGE ME!!

Pretty much every evening while I'm cooking, my little transistor radio is cranked in my kitchen while I'm choppin' away. It's not all that uncommon for me to look up to find one of my neighbors standing in my doorway simply shaking their head.

I just have to let you know... right now... as I'm typing... I'm listening to... "You say it best... when you say... nothin' at all"... Just give me a minute...

OK... I'm back...

One of my second favorite past-times at my house is ironing my clothes at night... of course while listening to ... Capital FM. It's just priceless, ya know. Ironing is so much more enjoyable when you get to sing along to songs that your grandparents listened to when they were dating.

Wow... I really sound like a girl!

Well... since I'm already going down that road... my Number 2 has recently stole my heart.


These things are seriously better than anything I've ever placed in my mouth. (Actually... the milk chocolate ones are better than anything I've ever put in my mouth... hence not having the bag to take a picture of.)

Somehow, between Christmas and Valentine's Day and people just loving me a whole lot, I have accumulated quite a stash of these babies.

I gotta be honest, I've never been one of those people (female) that are addicted to chocolate. It really wasn't something that I missed all that much... UNTIL THESE! Now, I find myself walking back and forth from the office to my house all day long because I just can't sit still without having one. I'm beginning to wonder if the creamy filling isn't really crack cocaine.

I know you're probably thinking... "This is really shallow... I thought this guy was supposed to be a missionary... what's he doing listening to trashy music and eating drugs?"

I guess at some point people just have to know the truth... My name is Ryan Price and I have a problem...

Oh snap... now Capital is playing Lady In Red... when's the last time you heard that? ... I've heard it 3 times this week!

4 comments:

SaraEaker said...

wow...is about all I can say after this post. I also did not realize that being addicted to chocolate was a female thing. I feel like I somehow missed out on that. I mean I love chocolate, but I don't think I am addicted. I am glad you have found some tunes to listen to. My only complaint is that you have no video of you grovin to the tunes and ironing!

Unknown said...

what about 'My name is Earl' though? long forgotten. I've been gone too long eh.

jaye carol said...

Oh thank the Lord, Ryan Howard Price can no longer judge his mother for being addicted to this wonderful chocolate creation. I knew you would cave one day and realize this is seriously the best chocolate on earth! I'm glad I could leave you with something you love so much! Enjoy!

As far as the music...it could never compete with the chocolate. Sorry, I'm a chocolate addict.

Mom

Cynthia Innes said...

you dont even understand how much im dying right now laughing. i'm about to wake everyone else in the house up. you love song engrossed, chocolate obsessed girl.