www.flickr.com

Monday, April 21, 2008

Will Work For Food...


This post isn't some deep insight into homelessness or anything... it's simply a desperate plea from yours truly...

I NEED A JOB!

Don't worry... I'm not depending on you specifically to go out and hunt down a job for me, but I figured I might as well use all my resources right?

So, all you readers coming from Bryan/College Station, don't forget about me. If you really want to see my smiling face again in your midst... well, you better come up with a nice job to keep me alive.

Aside from setting up a small lemonade stand on the corner of Texas Ave. and George Bush, I'm fairly flexible. I'm kinda looking for something in the field of "social work" (Christian or non-Christian agency), I'm also really interested in doing graphic design type stuff... I know, I know, they don't really match... I would also be up for working in a ministry type setting.

So, keep your ears open for me, since I don't have a set in Texas right now and shoot me an e-mail or leave a comment if you have any leads.

6 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

Alisha Lombardi works for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and recently told me there was a job opening there.

I'm so glad you're coming home soon! We're ready!!

Heather

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I will keep my eyes peeled. I've got the Brenham area covered. It isn't BCS but it's dang near close.


Lyns

Ryan Price said...

Random... As I was looking online yesterday, I came across Big Brothers/Big Sisters and thought that would be a cool place to work. I didn't know she works there. I'll have to holler at her!

D.O. said...

Your desire to do social work (which is often also under the "non-profit" sub-heading) and graphic design may not be so far removed from each other. Non-profits need graphic designers. You'd probably be doing other stuff as well, but at least you'd get to toy with it.

On a separate note, I feel like you and I are similar in a number of ways, and I like you.

Ryan Price said...

Yeah... that would be a pretty nice job... and I have thought about it. I have actually had the chance to do quite a bit of graphics stuff here... it's definitely needed in non-profits.

I like you too D.O.... (when I look at your comment from the perspective of many of my readers that don't know D.O., it really looks like you are hitting on me! So, just to clear things up for people... D.O. is a friend (guy))

SaraEaker said...

Thank you for clarifying that D.O. was a boy...I mean I was starting to get my bat ready to go and beat that person up...oh wait, I know D.O.

I know he was in BCA...so in many girls minds that makes him an even better catch...but I sure would have never guessed he was the BCA type.

Anyways, I know the job of being my boyfriend/driver doesn't pay much, but I mean it is a vital job that has an opening right now in college station.

But seriously, I am glad that you posted about this because I am praying for your job so much and I am glad other people will be too!

Can't wait to have you back!