www.flickr.com

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Backyard Treasures...


I looked out my window and saw the kids playing in the backyard, staring intently at something on the ground. My first hunch was that it was a snake. In the last few days, we have found 2 Black Mambas (one of the world's deadliest snakes) around the place.

So... I went out to check on things and found these amazing looking creatures. In true Ryan fashion, I didn't stay long to stare before running back in the house to grab my camera!

You can see how extremely big they were in comparison to my sandal...

5 comments:

D.O. said...

Dang. That's cool. I like that you shared.

jaye carol said...

Is that REALLY a butterfly? That is the most beautiful and unusual creature I have seen!

Ryan Price said...

That not just one butterfly... but 2 that were right next to each other.

SaraEaker said...

okay so i think that fact (that there are two) needs to be a disclaimer on that picture...i might sue you for false picture taking...yep I am back adjusted to America! Anyways, that is really cool...how come that little guy didn't let me see him while I was there...i am slightly offended by this beautiful creature.

Ryan Price said...

Disclaimer #2:

OK... there are 2 butterflies... but in each picture, you are looking at ONE butterfly. They were near each other, but not in the same pictures. So... they really are gigantic!