www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My Favorite Malawian Christmas Memory!

Whatever sadness that was possibly in me for being thousands of miles away from my family this Christmas quickly vanished at the sight of this...


Santa first appeared to me in Blantyre as I was sitting in church Christmas morning, completely tuned out of the Chichewa sermon that I didn't understand a word of. All of the sudden, I looked out the window to see a nice big garbage truck driving in the drive way with one of these guys on the back.

I quite nearly lost it. I had to put my Bible infront of my face so as to not embarrass myself from laughing in the middle of the sermon. It was to much!

Then a few hours later, I'm sitting in my house, and Santa shows his face once again!

Apparently, the garbage pick-up guys aren't scheduled to work on Christmas (understandable)... but, they made their rounds anyway... requesting a small donation from you for working on Christmas... dressed like that!

I think that no matter how hard it gets for me in life... I will always be able to pull this picture back up in my mind and know that everything is going to be OK.

Hilarious!

Merry Christmas... I think...

2 comments:

D.O. said...

oh man... if all of your posts were like this, I'd leave comments like this on all of them...

what? sorry.

Hilarious man. Love.

SaraEaker said...

well I am glad that you had something to make you smile! There are benefits to being in another country on Christmas...things that are different are hilarious. I am so glad you have your camera to catch them. Thanks for the picture!